[Software Engineering Daily] Database as a Service with Eliot Horowitz https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/12/01/database-as-a-service-with-eliot-horowitz/
- History of mongoDB
- Current versions
- Running in the cloud
- How they do it
- Document Vs relational
[Software Engineering Daily] AWS Open Guide with Joshua Levy https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/11/14/aws-guide-with-joshua-levy/
- As AWS has grown to be a gigantic platform, the documentation about how to use cloud infrastructure has become insufficient. As an answer to this, Joshua Levy initiated The Open Guide to Amazon Web Services, an open-source collection of resources available on github
[Hello techpros] The Second Dysfunction of a Software Team: Social Anxiety http://hellotechpros.com/social-anxiety-leadership/
- An overview of Patrick Lencioni’s second dysfunction of a team: fear of conflict.
- Why software developers want to think, work and socialize like Commander Spock.
- How a technical lead or architect can derail a healthy debate by stating their position.
- Why we need to combine empathy and love with a fierce desire to get our message across.
- How to foster an environment of healthy conflict in your software development team.
[Freakonomics Radio] How to Make a Bad Decision http://freakonomics.com/podcast/make-bad-decision/
- Some of our most important decisions are shaped by something as random as the order in which we make them. The gambler’s fallacy, as it’s known, affects loan officers, federal judges — and probably you too. How to avoid it? The first step is to admit just how fallible we all are.
[Agile for Humans] The Agile Mindset with Gil Broza http://ryanripley.com/afh-043-the-agile-mindset-with-gil-broza-podcast/
- How to foster an agile mindset
- The impediments to adopting an agile mindset
- What it means to value the human side of agile
- How change can happen on an agile team
[Agile for Humans] The Grows Method for Adopting Agile Software Develpoment http://ryanripley.com/afh-042-the-grows-method-for-adopting-agile-software-development-podcast/
What is the Grows Method for Agile Adoption
- How to gradually grow agile in an organization
- What is essential to be agile
- How to get alignment between executives and agile teams
[The Cloudcast] DevOps from the Enterprise http://www.thecloudcast.net/2016/11/the-cloudcast-280-devops-from-enterprise.html
- All about the DevOps Enterprise Summit (#DOES16), DevOps success stories, how companies manage the evolution, common DevOps failures and any models that can be reused by other companies.
- Topic 1 - Let’s talk about your experiences at DOES in UK vs. DOES in US.
- Topic 2 - What stories of successful DevOps implementations did you hear about, and were there any commonalities in those stories?
- Topic 3 - Are you seeing the successful companies focus more on people/process or cultural changes or automation/CI/CD or on application transformation as part of their DevOps journey?
- Topic 4 - Have any models emerged that are showing companies how to move DevOps from greenfield environments or POCs or Centers of Excellence (COEs) to wider-scale adoption?
- Topic 5 - How are people managing the distributed nature of “two pizza teams” and the overhead of keeping projects in sync?
- Topic 6 - What are the common pitfalls or mistakes that companies need to avoid if they are moving down the path towards DevOps?
[Fight Mediocrity] The 7 habits of highly effective people by stephen covey - animated book review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlTxC4QG8g&feature=youtu.be
- be proactive
- begin with the end in mind
- put first things first
- think win win
- seek first to understand then be understood
- sharpen the saw
[Nodevember] Staying Sane (dot) JS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8oEhFXhZs&feature=youtu.be
- how not to go crazy whilst writing JS