- The abundance of tools in web development
[Hanselminutes] Mob Programming with Woody Zuill http://hanselminutes.com/553/mob-programming-with-woody-zuill
- You've pair programmed but have you tried Mob Programming?
- Woody Zuill and his team "discovered" programming as a group and it changed their whole process.
- Woody joins Scott and explains how they stumbled on this, how they refined it, and how Mob Programming may make your programming life better.
[Scrum Master Toolbox Podcast] Successful Agile adoption is about people and their goals http://scrum-master-toolbox.org/2016/11/podcast/stefan-wolpers-reminds-us-that-people-are-the-most-important-part-of-any-success-story/
- Many organisations want to adopt Agile because it supports some part of their world view that existed before Agile was there
- In fact we adapt easily to changes that support our world view, so the first question in our mind when joining a new organization should be “why exactly do you think Agile is a good approach for his company?”.
[Cucumber Podcast] How XP Can Improve the Experiences of Female Developers https://cucumber.io/blog/2016/09/21/how-xp-can-improve-the-experiences-of-female-software-developers
- Clare feels many of the difficulties associated with being a minority have subsided since working in an XP environment
- "My belief is that XP creates a more conducive environment for women and other minorities within the industry. I believe that XP can – and should – pave the way to making the tech industry a more welcoming and attractive place for women."
[Mastering Business Analysis] The Art and Science of Influence http://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/mba098-the-art-and-science-of-influence/
- Why influence is a key skill for any project professional
- How to build trust within your organization
- Why knowing yourself and emotional intelligence are vital to your ability to influence
[Software Engineering Daily] Slack Bots with Amir Shevat https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/11/16/slack-bots-with-amir-shevat/
- The rise of Slack has coincided with the rise of chatbots
- A chatbot is a simple, conversational interface into a computer program that may have simple functionality, like telling you some simple statistics, or more complex functionality, like helping you manage your continuous integration pipeline
[.NET Rocks] Connect Debrief with Scott Hunter http://www.dotnetrocks.com/?show=1376
- So many amazing things announced at Connect! Important announcements including:
- new support in Visual Studio for containers
- cool new integration with SQL Server 2016
- the on-going evolution of .NET Core and it's tooling