[Software Engineering Daily] ChatOps with Jason Hand https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/11/02/chatops-with-jason-hand/
- Chat bots are your newest co-worker. Slack, HipChat, and other chat clients allow developers and other team members to communicate more dynamically than the limits of email.
- Companies have started to add bots to their chat rooms. These bots can give you technical information, restart a server, or notify you that a build has finished.
[Full Stack Radio] Building the Right Thing with BDD http://www.fullstackradio.com/51
- What exactly is BDD?
- Is BDD a technical or non-technical practice?
- How do you get started with BDD?
- How do you keep the number of system tests low to keep your test suite fast?
- What's your strategy for dealing with external services in acceptance tests?
- What are the advantages of using Cucumber even as a solo developer working on a side project?
[Cucumber Podcast] Mob Programming https://cucumber.io/blog/2016/04/19/mob-programming
- “All the brilliant people working on the same thing, at the same time, in the same space, and on the same computer.” That’s how Woody Zuill - who coined the term Mob Programming - describes it. He is our esteemed guest on the podcast, and we spend some time digging into his own experiences mobbing.
- This is a fun episode for folks looking for novel ways to improve the certainty of their software.
[Azure Friday - Channel 9] What's new in Azure DocumentDB? https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Azure-Friday/AzureFridayNewinDocumentDB
- Get up to speed with what documentDb is and what is new
[Microsoft Cloud Show] DocumentDB's recent Improvement http://www.microsoftcloudshow.com/podcast/Episodes/131-microsoft-s-andrew-liu-on-documentdb-s-improvements-on-pricing-scale-and-mongodb-support
- New support for MongoDB,
- Performance and scale, specifically some new capabilities that the DocumentDB team has added like partitioned collections and planet scale with global databases.
- Pricing changes announced in April 2016
- Support for automatically expiring data with TTL settings.
- The history of ad networks and how add tracking works
- Why this is not a good thing for anyone
- What can we all do to stop the madness
- Use the brave browser
[Simple Programmer Podcast] People Don't Take Action http://simpleprogrammer.libsyn.com/265-people-dont-take-action-they-only-hear-good-ideas-simple-programmer-podcast
- Hear good ideas, gotta take action
[AWS Podcast] AWS Quickstarts https://soundcloud.com/amazon-web-services-306355661/aws-podcast-episode-155
[TEDTalks] Your smartphone is a civil rights issue https://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_soghoian_your_smartphone_is_a_civil_rights_issue
- The smartphone you use reflects more than just personal taste ... it could determine how closely you can be tracked, too.
- Privacy expert and TED Fellow Christopher Soghoian details a glaring difference between the encryption used on Apple and Android devices and urges us to pay attention to a growing digital security divide.
- "If the only people who can protect themselves from the gaze of the government are the rich and powerful, that's a problem," he says. "It's not just a cybersecurity problem — it's a civil rights problem."