So you have spent a few hours developing a new android app (ive been using the eclipse IDE) and you have been testing using the adb emulator, but you want to see something on your very own android hardware (ive got a HTC Desire).
These are the steps ive followed:
- Build your .apk package.
- Connect your phone to your pc in disk drive mode (this enables you to mount it on your pc).
- Browse to your removable disk (this shows up as drive G: on my machine).
- Copy the .apk file that was generated by the build to your phone and remember where you copied it to.
- Disconnect the phone.
- On the phone use a file manager app like 'ES File Explorer' or 'ASTRO File Manager' and browse to the .apk file you copied on in step 4.
- Open the .apk file and select install.